Breast Augmentation for Transgenders
You may be an Ideal candidate if:
- You are physically healthy.
- You are dissatisfied with small breasts.
Types of implants:
- Silicone breast implants
Silicone breast implant is the gold standard in implants. Filled with silicone gel it feels more like natural breast tissue and is FDA – approved for augmentation in adult women.
**A yearly visit to your plastic surgeon helps to make sure that the implants are functioning properly.
- Fat transfer breast augmentation
Fat from other body areas is taken via liposuction and injected into your breasts.
Best option for women looking for a relatively small increase in breast size and preferring natural results.
- Saline breast implants
Not in use usually.
Reasons for choice of either:
- Unique aesthetic goals
- Preferred incision location
- Preferred implant placement.
BENEFITS OF BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH FAT TRANSFER
- Scarless- miniature cuts
- Natural procedure
- A long-lasting result
- Achieve a more pleasing body overall
- Desired results
BENEFITS OF BREAST AUGMENTATION WITH IMPLANTS
- Best Contour & Shape
- More attractive cleavage
- Long lasting results
- A younger looking you
- A better intimate life
SILICONE IMPLANT Vs FAT TRANSFER
- Silicone implant is a simple straightforward procedure, irrespective of whether the patient has fat in the body or not.
- Fat Transfer requires enough fat to extract and transfer.
- Fat transfer may require two sittings as some fat may be absorbed in the body.
- Fat transfer is almost scarless.
- Fat transfer does not have any foreign body.
- Recovery in Silicone implants is generally faster.
LIFE OF A BREAST IMPLANT & SYMPTOMS THAT CALL FOR BREAST IMPLANT REPLACEMENT.
Breast implants can remain in good shape for many many years.
You may experience a few symptoms that may call for a replacement of the same:
- Ruptured implant
- Deflated implant
- Asymmetry between the breasts
- Firmness in the implant
- Breast tenderness
- Implant sitting too high or too low
- Abnormal implant shape
- Pain, discomfort, or long- lasting loss of sensation
- Breast examination is done.
- Time spent understanding the patient’s expectations.
- Sizers are used to show the patient the possible results.
- Best possible options determined after taking into consideration the patient’s body size, expectations and desired implant.
- Breast augmentation with Fat or silicone implant is a day care procedure under general / regional anesthesia.
- The procedure takes anywhere between 60 mins to 120 mins.
- Scar is present under the breast which can be easily masked. Other options for less scar include axillary scar or areola scar.
- The patient is ready to go home a few hours after making full recovery from anesthesia.
- Fat transfer involves liposuction, processing of fat and transfer of fat to the breast.
- A good antibiotic cover and pain relief is ensured.
- Patients are to follow up on day 3 for dressing and day 5 sutures are removed.
- Patients are advised on the wear of pressure garment from day 3
- Isometric exercises are to be avoided for 3 weeks
- Patients make full recovery in 4- 6 weeks.
- Patients can resume regular activities after a week of the procedure.
- Protocol for fat transfer is a bit different.