Brazilian Butt Lift
A Brazilian Butt lift is a specialised fat transfer procedure where a doctor transfers fat from your belly, hips, lower back or thighs to your buttocks to augment the size and shape of the buttocks without implants.
- Candidates seeking change in the buttock contour who have lost their natural curves due to age or change in weight and have enough pockets for fat grafting.
- Physically and medically fit for anaesthesia and surgery.
- Stable weight
- Abstinence from smoking
Ask to Expert
- Our surgeon may recommend you to discontinue certain activities / medications like aspirin or blood thinners that may interfere with the procedure.
- Nil by mouth for at least 8 hours prior to surgery
- Ensure you have a guardian to accompany you back home and stay.
- The choice of anaesthesia is best determined by your surgeon and anaesthetist.
- Your surgeon will first perform a liposuction to drain fat from the said areas to be processed and prepared to be re-injected to your buttocks
- Fat does not have its inherent blood supply hence the proper placement location is important for the best chance of stable transfer and bonding.
- This precise procedure involves three to five small incisions around the buttock to carefully administer the right amount of fat to the specific areas at various depths to attain natural looking results.
- Closure is then done by sutures and compression dressing to stop any soakage and keep the area clean.
WHAT TO EXPECT POST PROCEDURE?
- Swelling for a few weeks
- Avoid sitting on your buttocks or lying on the back for 2 weeks.
- It can take up to 6 months for the results of the Brazilian Butt lift to be fully realised.
RESULTS & HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
The procedure uses your own body fat as a filler; hence the results can last for many years. Like all fat grafting procedures, not all of the injected fat survives long-term.
There may be 20% to 40% injected fat that will be absorbed by the body during the healing process.
By 6 months the further refinement and curve become more evident / apparent.
- Lumpy or uneven skin texture
- Prolonged pain
- Extremely rare and fatal – Fat embolism
At La Transformatione we offer you solutions tailored to your need. Call us today for more details on Brazilian Butt lift and more…
Our Team of Experts
Dr. Shruti Gautam
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Mrs. Silvana Fernandes
Senior Nurse and Operations co-ordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time is required for a butt lift surgery?
Butt lift procedures take anywhere between 2 to 3 hours. But the time required may vary depending on the areas being treated.
Do I require to get admitted or is it an Outpatient procedure?
It can be a day care procedure or an inpatient procedure depending on the magnitude. But a rest of 2-3 days is required and exercise can be resumed after a period of around 3 weeks.
What are the side effects of a butt lift surgery?
There are no major side effects to this surgery. A few temporary ones are: - Swelling at the incision site(s) - Fluid accumulation, which is temporary - Blood clots can occasionally form - Temporary Changes in the sensation of the skin such as numbness and pain
How long do the results of a butt lift surgery last?
The reduction in the size of the buttock is permanent.
How much time does it take to recover from butt lift surgery?
We usually advise patients to take 7 to 10 days off from work. The majority of patients return to full time activities within 2 months.