Loose skin never shrinks… Get Tucked
Benefits of Tummy Tuck
Also known as Mommy Makeover, the additional benefit of Tummy Tuck surgery is that the stretch marks are removed.
Ask to Expert
What is Tummy tuck?
Excess fat, poor elasticity of the skin or weakened connective tissue in your abdomen can occur in cases of:
- Significant loss in weight.
- Post pregnancy changes.
- Massive weight loss by bariatric surgery which results in a loose hanging skin.
- Your natural body type.
To restore the shape or the anatomy and to bring the structure to the pre-pregnancy level, the muscles have to be tightened and excess skin has to be removed, changes of which can be only be brought about by the surgical procedure called Abdominoplasty surgery (repair of the abdomen) or TummyTuck surgery.
Types of Tummy Tuck
Complete Tummy Tuck
- Complete Tummy Tuck surgery means the deformity of the whole of the abdomen, both above and below the umbilicus is corrected.
- The cut for abdominoplasty is taken in the panty line inferiorly. The dissection is carried out below the umbilicus, around the umbilicus, protecting the umbilical stalk and in the upper portion of the abdomen.
- The umbilical stalk is detached and freed.
- Excess skin is then removed after taking key stitches.
- Umbilicus stalk is then reattached at the appropriate new place giving a complete makeover. This is also termed as called Umbilicoplasty or Umbilical recreation.
- A complete tummy tuck is a procedure which requires admission for a few days.
- Mini Tummy Tuck involves the correction of a lower portion of the abdomen usually below the umbilicus) where the excess skin below the umbilicus is removed.
- The lower abdomen muscles are tightened at the same time without repositioning the umbilicus.
- The incision is in the lower abdomen just like cesarean section.
- Mini tummy tuck may be carried out as day care procedure.
Endoscopic Tummy Tuck
- It involves minimum incision for correction of the muscle deformities using endoscopic instruments.
- Usually done along with mini tummy tuck or alone, the upper abdomen muscles can be tightened well endoscopically.
At La Transformatione’ you have the luxury of choosing any one of the above Tummy Tuck Procedures because our expertise extends to every Abdominoplasty Surgery in Mumbai
Our Team of Experts
Dr. Shruti Gautam
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Mrs. Silvana Fernandes
Senior Nurse and Operations co-ordinator
Frequently Asked Questions
Tummy Tuck side effects may include temporary swelling, bruising, discomfort, numbness, and limited mobility. There may be a break down of stitches and skin necrosis rarely.
Limited mobility can be seen as side effects. Very rarely fat embolism or pulmonary embolism may happen.
Tummy tuck results are generally considered permanent as long as there is no excessive weight gain.
The aesthetic effect that your tummy tuck provides you can be maintain by incorporating a healthy diet and exercise.
The result of tummy tuck are designed to be long – lasting , but need to be followed up well with post – procedural operations, diet and exercise to enjoy the benefits of this procedure